Divine Mercy Prayer Group
The St. Joan of Arc Divine Mercy Prayer Group was started in 2011. Our members strive to deepen their personal spirituality while promoting Christ’s message to St. Faustina that God is a loving Father, rich in mercy and abounding in great kindness and love.
Members seek to:
- Promote the Message of Divine Mercy through the study of Sacred Scripture; the Catechism of the Catholic Church; and the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina.
- Proclaim the truth of the Real Presence of Jesus in the Most Holy Eucharist.
- Lead the recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3 PM at First Friday Adoration.
- Offer the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the sick and dying.
- Plan and implement the annual parish celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday.
- Encourage members in the exercise of the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy.
- Attend monthly meetings to honor individual prayer requests and to pray for the Universal Catholic Church.
Prayer Group Meeting Times:
First Thursday of the month at 7 PM in Room F/H.
For questions contact: Donna Prantl at 757-621-8353 or Cathy Fowler at 757-329-4059 or the parish office at 757-898-5570.
Bishop Knestout encourages anyone aware of sexual abuse of minors on the part of clergy or staff of our diocese to notify civil authorities, call the Attorney General’s Clergy Abuse Hotline at 1-833-454-9064 and reach out to the Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator, Jennifer Sloan at 1-877-887-9603.