WE ARE INCOMPLETE WITHOUT YOU!
YOU HAVE BEEN GONE WAY TOO LONG.
Were you raised Catholic but have lost your faithfulness in Sunday Mass worship?
Are you a Catholic who now feels separated from your church?
Would you like to know more about the Catholic Church as it is today?
Would you like to feel at home in the Catholic Church again?
No matter how long you have been away and no matter the reason, we invite you to reconsider renewing your relationship with the Catholic Church.
The next Welcome Home Session will start on Tuesday, 25 April 2017. The program will run one day per week for six weeks from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Please meet in Classroom K at 7:00 pm.
For more information or to register call the Parish Office, 757-898-5570.
WELCOME HOME PROGRAM FOR Easter 2017
WEEK ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION (April 25, 2017)
- WHY ARE WE HERE?
- INDIVIDUALS INTRODUCE THEMSELVES
- DISCUSSION ON OUR AGENDA FOR THE COMING WEEKS
- STORIES OF FAITH
WEEK TWO: WHO IS THE CHURCH (May 2, 2017)
- RETURN QUESTIONNAIRES HANDED OUT LAST WEEK
- WHY ALL THE CHANGES SINCE VATICAN II
- WHAT IS THE ROLE OF LAY PEOPLE? (YOU AND ME!)
WEEK THREE: WHAT DO WE BELIEVE (May 9, 2017)
- THE CREED
- CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- DEFINE DOGMA
- AREAS PARTICIPANTS WANT TO DISCUSS WHICH ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SIX WEEK PROPOSED AGENDA
WEEK FOUR: THE SACRAMENTS (May 16, 2017)
- WHAT IS A SACRAMENT?
- WHAT ROLE DO SACRAMENTS PLAY IN OUR SALVATION STORY
- SACRAMENTS OF INITIATION (BAPTISM/CONFIRMATION)
- HOLY ORDERS/MATRIMONY
- RECONCILIATION * WILL DISCUSS WITH FR. MIKE WEEK SIX
- SACRAMENT OF THE SICK
WEEK FIVE: RECONCILIATION (May 23, 2017)
- RECONCILIATION, (CD) FATHER LARRY RICHARDS
WEEK SIX: THE MASS (May 30, 2017)
- PRESENTATION FILM: “CATHOLICISM;”LITURGY AND EUCHARIST, COMMUNION WITH THE LORD” SERIES # 7 FATHER ROBERT BARRON
- INTRODUCTORY RITES
- LITURGY OF THE WORD
- LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST
- COMMUNION RITE
To register, contact the Parish Office at St. Joan of Arc 757-898-5570.