THE FAITH COMMUNITY OF ST JOAN OF ARC IS INCOMPLETE WITHOUT YOU
YOU HAVE BEEN GONE WAY TOO LONG
Were you raised Catholic but do not come or seldom come to church anymore?
Are you a Catholic who now feels separated from your church?
Would you like to know more about the Catholic Church as it is today?
Would you like to feel at home in the Catholic Church again?
No matter how long you have been away and no matter the reason, we invite you to reconsider renewing your relationship with the Catholic Church.
The next Welcome Home Session will start on Tuesday, 9 April 2013. The program will run one day per week for six weeks. (7:00PM TO 8:30PM)
Place: Please meet in Classroom K at 7:00PM.
WEEK ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
WEEK TWO: WHO IS THE CHURCH
WEEK THREE: WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
WEEK FOUR: THE SACRAMENTS
WEEK FIVE: RECONCILIATION
WEEK SIX: THE MASS
To Register: Contact Nancy Matthews at the Parish Office (757) 898-5570
WELCOME HOME PROGRAM FOR EASTER 2019 ST. JOAN OF ARC
WEEK ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION (May 7, 2019)
• WHY ARE WE HERE?
• INDIVIDUALS INTRODUCE THEMSELVES
• DISCUSSION ON OUR AGENDA FOR THE COMING WEEKS
• STORIES OF FAITH
WEEK TWO: WHO IS THE CHURCH (May 14, 2019)
• RETURN QUESTIONAIRES HANDED OUT LAST WEEK
• WHY ALL THE CHANGES SINCE VATICAN II
• WHAT IS THE ROLE OF LAY PEOPLE? (YOU AND ME!)
WEEK THREE: WHAT DO WE BELIEVE? (May 21, 2019)
• THE CREED
• CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
• DEFINE DOGMA
• AREAS PARTICIPANTS WANT TO DISCUSS WHICH ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SIX WEEK PROPOSED AGENDA
WEEK FOUR: THE SACRAMENTS (May 28,2019)
• WHAT IS A SACRAMENT?
• WHAT ROLE DO SACRAMENTS PLAY IN OUR SALVATION STORY
• SACRAMENTS OF INITIATION (BAPTISM/CONFIRMATION)
• HOLY ORDERS/MATRIMONY
• RECONCILIATION * WILL DISCUSS WITH FR. MIKE WEEK SIX
• SACRAMENT OF THE SICK
WEEK FIVE: RECONCILIATION (June 4, 2019)
• RECONCILIATION, (CD) FATHER LARRY RICHARDS
WEEK SIX: THE MASS (June 11,2019)
• PRESENTATION FILM; “CATHOLICISM;”LITURGY AND EUCHARIST, COMMUNION WITH THE LORD” SERIES # 7 FATHER ROBERT BARRON
• INTRODUCTORY RITES
• LITURGY OF THE WORD
• LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST
• COMMUNION RITE