Skip to content
Ministries: Stewardship of Time and Talent
- Pastoral Council – The Parish Pastoral Council is a visionary and consultative body that assists the Pastor in the pastoral care of the parish. At St. Joan of Arc Parish, it consists of seven elected members, who each serve a three-year term. Elections are conducted the first two weekends of October. At the election, 2-3 members will be selected, depending on the number leaving the Council. No one may serve more than two full consecutive terms. The Chair and Vice-Chair of the Council will serve for one year with elections held at the annual retreat. A member may not hold the office of Chair or Co-Chair for more than three years. Commitment: 3-year term, with monthly meetings and special events.
- Finance Council – Members work with the Pastor and the Parish Pastoral Council to develop a budget based on the goals and priorities of the parish. This Council also counts and deposits collections, keeps accounting records, and manages the parish budget. Members are appointed by the Pastor for a three-year term. Commitment: 3-year term, with meetings once per month.
- Coffee and Donuts – Every Sunday after each Mass, coffee and donuts are served in the Commons area of the church in order to encourage fellowship. Volunteers are always needed to help set up, serve, and clean up after each Sunday Mass. It requires minimal set up; instructions are provided. Commitment: Set up, serve and clean up as scheduled (usually once a month)
- Lazarus Ministry – Volunteers are needed to provide refreshments for the reception after the Funeral Mass. Commitment: varies
- Kitchen – Cooks are needed to plan, organize, cook and supervise various church events. Each group is responsible for cleanup after use, replacing all utensils, emptying trash in dumpster, and reporting any problems to the parish office.
- Woman’s Club – The Woman’s Club hosts a variety of activities and is open to all women of the parish. One principal fund-raising activity is the Fall Bazaar. Proceeds from this function are used to assist the Church, Missions, and the Community. Commitment: One monthly meeting, the third Tuesday of the month, 1:00 p.m., September through May.
- Young at Heart – Various activities are planned on a regular basis that include travel, theater, and monthly dinner meetings to encourage the fellowship of our adult parishioners.